Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
"Butter" that is spreadable from the fridge! (If you use all olive it it taste like olive oil...you can also use all vegetable oil if you prefer. I use olive oil because of its "good properties")
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1/2 cup, 1/4 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄4 vegetable oil (canola, corn your preference)
- Soften butter.
- Add all 3 ingredients to blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth (will be a bit thin).
- Pour into covered bowl and refrigerate.
- Spreads straight from the fridge!
- (you can also add cinnamon, garlic, dill or you favorite spice to make an herb spread).
This is so Italian! Very tasty as a spread or to cook with, and this recipe has replaced the butter dish in our kitchen which I thought I'd never see! My sister turned me on to this, and I was surprised at how good it is. When I made this, I didn't have canola oil handy, so I used light olive oil, which doesn't have quite so much "flavor", yet the butter comes through loud and clear. Thanks for sharing this.
This is fantastic, thanks for this great idea! Usually I only use ghee instead of butter, but since I discovered this recipe, this has become standard as a spread. Thank you for posting it :)