Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a large batch of frosting, easily halved. Not too, too sweet. Good for cookies and cakes. Mostly I am posting it so I can always find it!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Cream together softened butter,shortening, and vanilla.
- Add sugar in increments, blending well.
- Add milk 1T at a time until desired consistency.
- Can be separated in batches and colored with food coloring.
I have made a lot of frosting recipes for cakes and cupcakes and this is the best one I have ever made. I made 96 cupcakes for a party and got tons of compliments on the cupcakes and especially the frosting. This is the only one I will be using from now on. It is delicious!
i've just registered to say that the frosting was GREAT..
can't wait to make my family eat the frosted cake