This recipe came with a shortcake basket pan I purchased and we love it. The cake is not to sweet and firm enough to hold the fruit and whipped cream topping without becoming soggy. So much better than those little round discs you buy at the store. I topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, fresh strawberries, bananna and pineapple and a healthy serving of whipped crea. YUM
- Heat oven to 350.
- Generously greas and flour shortcake pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine all ingrediants.
- Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl often.
- Pour batter into pan, dividing evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes in pan; invert onto cooling rack and cool completely.
- Serve with topping of your choice.