Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These cookies are just what that afternoon tea tea needs sitting next to it on a plate.
Make and share this Butter Shortbread Wedges recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch cake round cake pan In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and two sugars until fluffy Sift the flour and salt into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the extract and water mixture and bring everything together to form a soft dough Press the dough out evenly in the pan.
- Prick the dough well and score into 8 triangles with a knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cookie is pale golden and crisp.
- Sprinkle with the extra sugar, then cut along the marked lines to make the fantails. Leave the shortbread in the pan to cool before cutting and removing from the pan Store in an air tight container.