Recipe by Sandyg61
This recipe is from the story Candy for Christmas by Joanne Fluke. I haven't made them yet so the prep time is approxamate.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (don't sift pack it down in the cup)
- 2 cups butterscotch chips (an 11 ounce package will do just fine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the bown and white sugars and let it cool a bit.
- Then add the eggs, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and then the butterscotch chips.
- Add the rolled oats and mix in thoroughly.
- Let the dough rest, uncovered, for 10 minutes to allow the butter to solidify.
- You can either drop this dough by the rounded teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet, 12 to a sheet, or roll the dough balls with your hands and place them on the cookie sheet, pushing them down a bit so they don’t roll off on the way to the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.