Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce is similar to a bearnaise and good served with broiled fish or any broiled or roasted meat.
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (optional)
- Combine shallots and wine in a small saucepan. Boil, and cook until liquid evaporates being careful not to burn shallots. Remove from heat and allow to cool about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter and olive oil to saucepan and whisk until it becomes thickened. If the pan is too hot the butter will curdle. Serve.