This is another cook book recipe. I love sage and during the summer we have it growing in our garden. Use fresh for this dish and use a good butter. I use an European butter. This is the perfect recipe, simple, cheap and delicious. *For the pasta try linguine, fettuccine, a stuffed pasta with a ricotta filling or potato gnocchi. I have also used a simple egg noodle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2When the butter foam subsides and the butter is golden but not brown tear the sage leaves into 2 or 3 pieces and add to the butter. It is important that the butter reach this point. Resist the desire to add the sage too soon.
- 3Cook for about a minute while stirring, careful not to let the sage burn but it should take on a little color.
- 4Toss the with hot cooked pasta.
- 5Pass the cheese at the table.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter & Sage Sauce over Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.3
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 169.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: