1/2 Photos of Butter Rum Yum
1 hr 15 mins
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Decadent, rich, and creamy! After one bite they will hear you all over the island saying "Oh Mon, Jamaica me crazy!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups French bread, stale, cubed
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, divided use
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups milk, low fat is fine
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove, ground (optional)
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Rum Raisin Sauce
Sweetened Coconut Cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a blender or food processor combine ginger, cinnamon, cloves-if using, milk, eggs, and a 1/2 cup of coconut. Blend until pulverized and well mixed.
- 3Pour into large mixing bowl add cream, brown sugar, vanilla, melted butter and remaining 1/2 cup coconut. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- 4Add bread cubes and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- 5Pour bread mixture into buttered 10x13 pan and bake for 1 hour or until the center is firm.
- 6Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- 7Butter Rum Raisin Sauce: While pudding is baking heat water and raisins just to a low boil. Remove from heat and allow to soak until raisins plump.
- 8After removing pudding from oven, strain water from raisins into a heat proof measuring cup. Add water if needed to equal 1/2 cup liquid. Return liquid to pan and add brown sugar and butter. Cook stirring constantly until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in rum and raisins. Keep warm until serving.
- 10Sweetened Coconut Cream: In a small bowl thoroughly combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Place a dollop of cream on each serving and sprinkle with coconut.
- 11To serve: Cut pudding into 12 equal pieces. Spoon a little Butter Rum Raisin Sauce over each serving and top with Sweetened Coconut Cream as directed.
- 12Turn on some great Caribbean music and enjoy MON, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Rum Yum
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.5
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 121.2 mg
- Sodium 519.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 11.2 g