Rich in flavor a take over on Thanks Giving
Make and share this Butter Rum Walnut Apple Pie recipe from Food.com.
- In a large (large enough to hold apples) heavy sauce pan melt 1/4 cup butter and brown sugar.
- Stir rum and nutmeg into brown sugar mixture.
- Add sliced apples toss to coat; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, til apples are tender; toss with 2 tbl flour; cool slightly then pour into unbaked pie shell.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour and sugar.
- Cut in 1/4 cup butter until crumbly, add walnuts and sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.