1/1 Photo of Butter-Rum Sandwich Cookies
3 hrs 9 mins
My husband sampled these at a housewarming party last weekend; the hostess promised to share her recipe (seeing as how Chris ate so many!) as soon as she could find her cookbooks! So last night, out of the blue, she called--ready to cast out her secret formula for these cookies! I hope you like them as much as Chris does!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pearl sugar, for topping
- 1COOKIES: Combine the powdered sugar and pecans in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- 2Cover and process until the pecans are very finely chopped, 45-60 seconds.
- 3Combine the sugar mixture, butter, rum, and vanilla in a large bowl; cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, scraping sides of bowl often, 2-3 minutes.
- 4Reduce mixer speed to low; add the flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring until well mixed (1-2 minutes).
- 5Divide dough in half; shape each piece into a 10" long roll on a lightly floured surface.
- 6Flatten the sides to form a triangle on a sheet of waxed paper, using the paper to help create the shape.
- 7Wrap each half in plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 8Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 9Cut each dough log into 1/4" slices; space 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 10Sprinkle cookies with the pearl sugar; bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- 11Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- 12Meanwhile, make the FROSTING: Combine all the frosting ingredients (except the half-and-half) in a small bow.
- 13Beat with an electric mixer on low speed, adding enough half-and-half for desired spreading consistency.
- 14For each sandwich cookie, spread 3/4 teaspoons frosting on the bottom of a cookie, sugar side down; top with a second cookie, sugar side up.
- 15Squeeze together gently; repeat until all cookies have been assembled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter-Rum Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (884 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.1 mg
- Sodium 77.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g