Recipe by smellyvegetarian
This is an adaptation of a recipe found at bettycrocker.com. I just tried to lighten it up a little bit...but not so much that the decadence doesn't shine through :).
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Smart Balance butter spread, melted
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350, or 325 for non-stick or dark colored pans. Prepare a bundt pan or 10 x 4 angel food cake tube pan with cooking spray and flour.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, butter, 1/4 c rum, orange peel, and eggs on low speed 30 seconds, then beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in pecans.
- Spread in pan and bake 40-45 minutes (or 48-52 minutes for dark or nonstick pans) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with 2 T powdered sugar, if desired.
- Store loosely covered.