Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake is so delicious - reminds me of that butter rum hard candy.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 -2 teaspoon rum or 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, blend all cake ingredients except nuts until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at highest speed; stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar, margarine and water until mixture boils and sugar is melted.
- Remove from heat; add rum extract.
- Pour half of glaze around edges of cake.
- Cool upright in pan 5 minutes; turn onto serving plate.
- Using long tined fork, pierce top of cake.
- Spoon remaining glaze over top.
- Serve warm or cool.
All i can say is YUMMY!!!