Recipe by Juenessa
This is an easy cake to make because it starts out with a cake mix!
Top Review by Lainey6605
This is an excellent butter rum cake that was easy to put together and resulted in a delicious and moist cake with just a hint of rum flavor. I like how the rum extract does not overpower the overall taste of the cake; it just enhances it. I used my star bundt pan which made it look very elegant. The frosting is just perfect with this cake and, again, that hint of rum extract is delicious. I did omit the pecans only because my kids wouldn't eat it if I put them on. Thanks for the wonderful recipe Juenessa.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix (yellow cake)
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup ready to spread vanilla frosting
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Beat dry cake mix, pudding mix, water, butter, eggs and 2 teaspoons rum extract in large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour into Bundt pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 30 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely; about 2 hours.
- Place frosting in small microwavable bowl.
- Microwave uncovered on Medium (50% heat) for approximately 15 seconds.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon rum extract.
- Spread over top of cake, allowing some to drizzle down side.
- Sprinkle pecans over top of cake.
- **Cook time does not include 2 1/2 hour cooling time.