Recipe by Bev
I always enjoy a good squash recipe. This is a good one!
Top Review by MizzNezz
We ate this until we bursting, then when I was cleaning the table, I took a couple more bites!! It is an excellent acorn squash recipe. I added just a dash of dried cloves to the spice mix. I baked this covered until the final 15 minutes, then I uncovered it and let it crisp up a little. I recommend this recipe to all who love squash, I will also try it with butternut.
- 1 (1 1/4 lb) acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Butter 13x9x2" glass baking dish.
- Cut tops and bottoms off squash.
- Scoop out and discard seeds.
- Cut squash crosswise into 1/2" thick rings.
- Arrange in prepared dish, overlapping slightly if neccessary.
- Mix sugar and spices in small bowl.
- Sprinkle over squash.
- Drizzle with butter and rum.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn squash over, cover and bake an addtional 15 minutes, or until squash is very tender.