Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from a daily recipes email from gopher central - very buttery, but nothing fancy, still a nice compliment to Thanksgiving dinner. Prep time does not include overnight in frig and rise time.
- Melt and cool shortening and milk.
- Dissolve the yeast and 1 teaspoon of the sugar in the warm water.
- Beat the eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt together.
- Combine milk mixture, yeast mixture, and egg mixture.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and add to wet mixture.
- Stir until combined then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough into fourths and roll out on floured surface.
- Spread top surface of rolled out dough with soft butter.
- Cut into triangles (pie piece shaped) and roll up from larger to smaller end.
- Place rolls on a baking sheet and allow rolls to rise for about 3 hours.
- Bake rolls in preheated 400 degree oven for 5-8 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.