I got this recipe from a daily recipes email from gopher central - very buttery, but nothing fancy, still a nice compliment to Thanksgiving dinner. Prep time does not include overnight in frig and rise time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt and cool shortening and milk.
- 2Dissolve the yeast and 1 teaspoon of the sugar in the warm water.
- 3Beat the eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt together.
- 4Combine milk mixture, yeast mixture, and egg mixture.
- 5Sift the flour and baking powder together and add to wet mixture.
- 6Stir until combined then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 7Divide dough into fourths and roll out on floured surface.
- 8Spread top surface of rolled out dough with soft butter.
- 9Cut into triangles (pie piece shaped) and roll up from larger to smaller end.
- 10Place rolls on a baking sheet and allow rolls to rise for about 3 hours.
- 11Bake rolls in preheated 400 degree oven for 5-8 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Rolls - Crescent Roll Up
Serving Size: 1 (1370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 167.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g