Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite flavored icings I use on my butter rings, sweet rolls, etc. It's great on My Bake Sale Butter Rings, My Bake Sale Butter Rings. Coffee and almond make a great taste combination. Liquid measurements are approximate, so start with small amounts of coffee and add more to suit your consistency preferences.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hot coffee (approx.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine all ingredients and whisk well. Add more coffee for a thinner pouring consistency.
- This makes enough to frost two butter rings.
While I did not make this to use w/your Recipe #122275, I did make it for the Mar Photo Challenge (using coffee) & hoped for a distinct coffee flavor. Your recipe delivered it for me as I found I needed more coffee than stated to get to an ideal spread consistency. I used it to frsost cupcakes I made from a banana bread recipe that also used coffee. This was an easy-fix, made for a tasty combo & will be repeated. Thx for sharing your recipe w/us. :-)