Recipe by Laurita
These are just so yummy and cute too. I make these about once a week and store them in tupperware. They make excellent little sandwich rolls or allow us to always have fresh bread for meals. When I was little in Germany, my mom and her German friend used to make them without the luxury of a bread machine. The smell of fresh baked bread can't be beat!
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dry milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1 large egg, beaten (optional)
- 4 teaspoons water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare as dough in the bread machine.
- Remove dough to lightly floured board, divide into quarters, then divide each quarter into 6.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking/baking spray.
- Put each little ball into the muffin pan.
- Brush with egg glaze (optional).
- Cover dough to rise until size doubles- 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees F, 10-20 minutes.