Tastes similar to the Turtle's candy, but with a crust, and made in a baking pan...absolutely delicious...a wonderful treat!
My Private Note
13x9 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 3In a bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter; blend with fork until crumbly.
- 4Pat the mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
- 5Sprinkle pecan halves evenly over the unbaked crust; set aside.
- 6In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar with 2/3 cup butter.
- 7Cook, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 8Drizzle the caramel mixture over pecans and crust in baking dish.
- 9Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until cacamel layer is bubbly, and crust is light brown.
- 10Remove from oven, and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 11Spread chips evenly as they melt.
- 12Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Pecan Turtle Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5641.7
- Calories from Fat 3583
- Total Fat 398.1 g
- Saturated Fat 190.5 g
- Cholesterol 741.8 mg
- Sodium 2107.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 504.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.4 g
- Sugars 293.2 g
- Protein 45.5 g