Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Rich, with a full flavor and great texture; this is also really good toasted the next day. This one comes from my mother, who made this all the time when we were little kids.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease and flour a 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar.
- Stir in the pecans.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter; blend well.
- Add to the flour mixture gradually; stir just until moistened.
- Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan; bake at 350*F.
- for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick tests out done.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan before inverting; cool completely.
EXCELLENT - thank you!
I HAD to make this when I saw the name....butter pecan is my favorite flavor combos! This was very good, I'll definitely be making this again. I got a little worried when I saw how thick and dry-looking the dough was but it turned out just fine and does toast up very nice! Thanks JDG, another keeper for my file!