- 2 (15 ounce) canscut sweet potatoes, drained and maxhed
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 0.5 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix (dry)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour sweet potato mixture into greased 13 x 9 cake pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top. Cover with chopped pecans. Drizzle melted butter or margarine on top of pecans.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until center is firm. Chill well. Cut into squares. Serve with whipped topping.