Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is not a casserole recipe - it is a dessert that uses yellow cake mix.
- 2 (15 ounce) canscut sweet potatoes, drained and maxhed
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 0.5 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix (dry)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour sweet potato mixture into greased 13 x 9 cake pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top. Cover with chopped pecans. Drizzle melted butter or margarine on top of pecans.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until center is firm. Chill well. Cut into squares. Serve with whipped topping.
This is an good alternative dessert to many of the "dump" recipes on 'Zaar. Very quick to put together and the house smelled wonderful while baking.