Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 mins
Be sure to serve this side dish with something that will sop up the yummy juices! From Company's Coming.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 lb fresh sugar snap pea, trimmed (the best quality you can find)
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat until starting to foam. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the salt. Cook for approximately 6 minutes, stirring often until the pea pods are crisp-tender.
- Season with salt to taste and serve.
Tastes good but I just can't make myself do such unhealthy things (butter and sugar) to gorgeous garden fresh sugar snap peas. Sorry.
Because of Ameliahead's review I left out the lemon juice, and I really liked this. I've lost my taste for desserts, but I like a sweet vegetable sometimes. Will make again! Thanks.
I made this for Thanksgiving--a good choice for the holidays, I think. It was pretty good, although the lemon juice does discolor the snap peas a bit. I recommend omitting it if you like your veggies bright green. Tasty, though! Everyone liked it!