- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 lb fresh sugar snap pea, trimmed (the best quality you can find)
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat until starting to foam. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the salt. Cook for approximately 6 minutes, stirring often until the pea pods are crisp-tender.
- Season with salt to taste and serve.