Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Source: Hershey's website
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided (11.5-oz. pkg.)
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped, divided
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease 8-or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in medium bowl until fluffy; stir in flour.
- Stir in 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately sprinkle remaining 1 cup chips over surface.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until chips soften; spread evenly.
- Immediately sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup pecans over top; press gently onto chocolate.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
Made as a *pressie* for the Dec Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap, these lovely squares of tasty goodness are so easy to make & far too easy to eat. They have joined my holiday food gift baskets this yr for DHs family, so I made 2 batches. I suggest the lower end of the cooking time given, a well-greased baking pan & a sharp knife to cut the squares once the choc hardens. I ate 2 of them w/my coffee after dinner, watched DH devour 5 while I sat there & then quickly froze the rest so they would not disappear entirely. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)
So easy and so good. I made these using gluten free ingredients and no one would ever guess. They were taken to my DD's for an after dinner dessert. They were a big hit. My family said I was welcome to make them anytime.