Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are good after-school cookies or for a simple dessert. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (April 1984)
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Combine crust ingredients (1 1/4 cups flour - 1/3 cup sugar) in a small bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low until mixture resembles corse meal (this can be done also in a food processor if desired).
- Press dough into the bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from oven but keep oven on at 375-degrees F.
- Combine filling ingredients (2/3 cup sugar - salt) in a small bowl of an electric mixter and beat on low for 1-2 minutes or until blended.
- Pour filling over crust and arrange pecan squares over filling.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fillng is set.
- Cool completely before cutting into 1 1/2 inch bars.
Delicious bar cookies that my family devoured in no time flat! Thanks for sharing this recipe!