1/4 Photos of Butter Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Shortbread cookies are a must to make for the holidays, and these pecan-filled, buttery biscuits are simply irresistible. Be sure to use real butter, not margarine, for best flavor. PLEASE, watch them as they bake. Reviewers are reporting baking times from 12 to 20 mins and I have changed the baking time from the original 30 mins to 15 mins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- 2In a large bowl with an electric mixer or a food processor, beat together butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- 3Add flour, ground pecans, vanilla and salt and beat just until it forms a smooth dough.
- 4Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow it to firm up just enough to shape.
- 5Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- 6By hand, roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- 7Place them on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten very slightly (to about 1/2-inch thickness) with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the glass (If you have a cookie stamp, you can use it to flatten the cookies instead of the glass).
- 8Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until set and very lightly browned on the bottom.
- 9Remove from pan and let cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.3
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 12.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g