Prep 10 mins
Cook 46 mins
Found this recipe on the back of a Betty Crocker cake mix. I am posting it to celebrate National Rum Day which is on August 16th. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix (Betty Crocker)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum or 2 teaspoons imitation rum extract
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup betty crocker rich and creamy vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons dark rum or 1⁄2 teaspoon imitation rum extract
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour, or spray with baking spray with flour, 12 cup fluted tube (bundt cake) pan.
- In large bowl, beat dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, sour cream, butter, 1/4 cup rum and eggs on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Spread in pan.
- Bake 46 to 52 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on medium (50%) 15 seconds. Stir in 2 teaspoons rum.
- Pour over top of cake, allowing to drizzle down side. Sprinkle pecans on frosting.
- Store loosely covered.