Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe I was sent on line from TOH that not only looks pretty but is differant from most pies and sounds pretty easy to put together. One of the reviews on this had some good hints to make it serve even better. "Use a can of organic pumpkin that had sugar and all the spices in it already. Recommend having the caramel and chocolate sauces at room temp so that they can be drizzled easily over the deserts before serving. Also recommend putting the desert plates in the freezer to buy some time before the ice cream melts if you are serving a number of guests. Also make sure you have a good knife that can cut cleanly through the crust so the pieces hold together well when you scoop them out. It is an attractive and very delicious desert if served with care and a little speed." Prep time does not include freezing
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 pastry shells, baked (9 inches)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate ice cream topping (optional)
- additional whipped cream
- Spread ice cream into the crust;
- freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg;
- fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over ice cream.
- Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping.
- Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping if desired.
- Dollop with whipped cream.