Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
For fall holidays.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine 1 1/4 cups flour and 1/3 cup sugar in a medium bowl; cut in 1/2 cup butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press mixture evenly into a greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Combine next 7 ingredients, and beat well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling over prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool on a rack; cut into squares.
I made this to take to a scrapbooking party. A very simple recipe that was easy to make. The taste was delicious. Nice crust with pecan pie-like topping. A big hit at the party. Didn't last long at all. Thanks again for an incredible recipe.
This was VERY good! "Cakey" bottom, "creamy" top, lots of "crunchy" pecans everywhere. I would give it 5 stars (butter pecan is my favorite flavor ice cream) but my husband gave it a 3, and my kids gave it a 4, so we compromised.
A pecan lovers dream slice. Truly delicious, very easy and tons of flavour. Great recipe.