Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Duncan Hines: "This pie is silky and sweet. And the pecans are so crunchy and buttery. It's bound to become one of your favorites in your recipe box."
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) containerduncan hines creamy home-style buttercream frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- pecan halves
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust
- Place pecans and butter in 10-inch skillet on medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until butter is lightly browned. Pour into heat-proof large bowl.
- Add frosting and cream cheese. Stir until thoroughly blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into prepared crust. Garnish with pecan halves, if desired. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
instead of the canned frosting and whipped topping, I made my own buttercream frosting and whipped cream. I also added another 1/2 c of pecans (and 2 T of margarine) to the recipe. It is a great recipe to start with!