Recipe by Pinay0618
From Duncan Hines: "This pie is silky and sweet. And the pecans are so crunchy and buttery. It's bound to become one of your favorites in your recipe box."
Top Review by havolina
instead of the canned frosting and whipped topping, I made my own buttercream frosting and whipped cream. I also added another 1/2 c of pecans (and 2 T of margarine) to the recipe. It is a great recipe to start with!
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) containerduncan hines creamy home-style buttercream frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- pecan halves
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pecans and butter in 10-inch skillet on medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until butter is lightly browned. Pour into heat-proof large bowl.
- Add frosting and cream cheese. Stir until thoroughly blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into prepared crust. Garnish with pecan halves, if desired. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.