- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted self-rising flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin pans.
- Combine flour, pecans, and brown sugar in mixing bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg; stir in milk, butter, and vanilla.
- Add liquid ingredients all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir only until flour is moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter or jam and enjoy!