Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
A Paula Deen recipe. I watched her make this one day on her show and had to make it. A very easy, very good homemade ice cream.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package French vanilla instant pudding
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the pecans to the butter and cook the pecans over low heat until they are browned, about 3 minute.
- Place on a plate to cool and drain a little.
- In a large bowl or and 8-cup measuring cup, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Add the pecans during the final 10 min of the freezing.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer.