Recipe by strawberryjane
Wonderful homemade ice cream. My mom originated this and passed it along to me.
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (3 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (2 ounce) package instant butter pecan pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- enough milk, to finish filling the freezer can
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute pecans in margarine, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes,or till roasted.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients,mix well.
- Pour into ice cream freezer can.
- Freeze about 10 minutes.
- Add pecans.
- Freeze until firm.
- Let ripen at least 1 hour.
- This keeps well when going to picnics or dinner.
- Makes 1 to 1 1/2 gallons.