Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Toasted pecans add a nutty crunch to this creamy buttery fudge. I have given this candy with its wonderful caramel flavor, as gifts at Christmastime and people always rave about it!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, cream and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Fold in pecans.
- Spread into a buttered 8-in. square dish. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.