Top Review by Moonsinger
This is a wonderful recipe, I've used it for the last 3 years for Christmas treat gifting, and always get raves from my friends! I often substitute 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk plus 2 Tbsp regular milk to thin it for the cream and it's great and sets up fine. I would add that pre-sifting the confectioner's sugar helps with lumps, and once it's mixed together, mix, mix, and mix it up for a good minute or two. This years batch came out extra creamy for adding this step. I sometimes leave out the pecan's as many in my family dislike them...it's still awesome and easy fudge! Thanks Theresa/Thunderbird!! This is the number one fudge in my circle!
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml pecan halves, toasted
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, bring the butter, heavy cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the pecans and vanilla.
- Add the confections' sugar and stir until smooth and well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish.
- Allow to cool to room temperature then cut into 1-inch squares and serve, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.