Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml pecan halves, toasted
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, bring the butter, heavy cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the pecans and vanilla.
- Add the confections' sugar and stir until smooth and well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish.
- Allow to cool to room temperature then cut into 1-inch squares and serve, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
This is really not fudge, but is almost just like pralines! Whatever you call it, it's delish. The recipe worked out just fine and has great flavor. The only change I will make next time are to chop up the pecans rather than leave them whole. The "fudge" is very crumbly and falls apart around each pecan, I'm thinking smaller pieces would mitigate that somewhat. Thanks for sharing!
We all really enjoyed this a lot. I toasted the pecans in a saute with butter, then removed the nuts from the butter to a paper towel, to allow any excess to drip off. I left the residual butter in the pan, which was lightly browned and with a hint of pecan taste, and proceeded with recipe. Yummy and very easy, thank you, Theresa.
This is a wonderful recipe, I've used it for the last 3 years for Christmas treat gifting, and always get raves from my friends! I often substitute 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk plus 2 Tbsp regular milk to thin it for the cream and it's great and sets up fine. I would add that pre-sifting the confectioner's sugar helps with lumps, and once it's mixed together, mix, mix, and mix it up for a good minute or two. This years batch came out extra creamy for adding this step. I sometimes leave out the pecan's as many in my family dislike them...it's still awesome and easy fudge! Thanks Theresa/Thunderbird!! This is the number one fudge in my circle!