Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This fudge has a wonderful, nutty caramel flavor.
Make and share this Butter Pecan Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, cream and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in pecans.
- Spread into a buttered 8-in. square dish. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut into 1-in. squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I found this recipe in the 2010 TOH Grand Prize winners, came here to post and it was already here! This was very easy and very sweet - tastes just like a giant praline. Thanks for posting the latest addition to my Christmas cookie tray!
great fudge and easy too! this is sweet so a small piece goes a long way, thanks for sharing hon, I am sending this home with my peanut butter-loving DS!...Kitten:)
Very easy to make. So far, I have only tasted a very small piece clinging to a spoon. It was great. Can't wait for the rest to cool.