Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Pillsbury Best Butter Cookie Cookbook Vol II An oldie!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- Blend together butter and firmly packed brown sugar.
- Add one cup pecans. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder.
- Cream butter.
- Gradually add 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, creaming well.
- Blend in one unbeaten egg and vanilla and rum flavoring.
- Add gradually the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the pecan mixture until evenly distributed in the dough.
- Shape into balls using rounded teaspoonful for each cookie.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in moderate oven (375degrees) 10 to 12 minutes until light golden brown. Cool and frost.
- MILK CHOCOLATE FROSTING;.
- Melt 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces over hot water. Blend in 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk. If necessary thin with a little milk.