Recipe by Elaine
I came up with these after seeing a recipe for Devils Food Cream Cheese Cookies. My mom does not care for chocolate, so I decided to try using a Butter Pecan cake mix instead. They were a hit. Very soft and chewy. I hope you enjoy them!
Top Review by PeanutsMamma
These were fantastic! I made them a day a head for a church gathering and they never made it through the night. We ate them all! We loved everything about these cookies. I loved the texture.
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple flavoring or 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix (2 layer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Blend in egg and maple flavoring.
- Add dry cake mix 1/3 at a time, mix well after each addition.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Drop by spoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until just lightly browned.