- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar; add egg and mix until well blended.
- Slowly add flour and salt and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll 1-inch pieces of dough into balls and place 2-inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten balls with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- Press a pecan into top of dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly colored.