Recipe by Kit_Kat
Wonderful Christmas, or anytime cookie. Originally published in Taste of Home Cookie Book. (See note in description on Self-rising flour)
- 1 3⁄4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, seperated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups self-rising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chopped pecans and 1 TBL butter in a baking dish.
- Bake at 325 for 5-7 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cream 1 cup butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla in bowl of mixer.
- To make Self-Rising flour add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt to each cup then add all-purpose flour to make a full cup.
- Gradually mix flour into creamed mixture.
- Cover and refridgerate for one hour.
- Roll into one inch balls.
- Roll balls into toasted pecans, pressing nuts into dough.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Beat egg white until foamy.
- Dip pecan halves in egg white then gehtly press one into each dough ball.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on sheets for 2 minutes and remove to wire racks to cool completely.