Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe for eggless cookies is from Everyday Food May 2004.
Make and share this Butter Pecan Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a baking sheet, toast pecans until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Let cool completely; finely chop.
- Cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until light, about 1 minute.
- Beat in vanilla, salt, and flour, just until dough comes together.
- Fold in pecans.
- Separate dough into 12 pieces; squeeze dough to shape into balls. Roll in sugar.
- Place, 3 inches apart, on a baking sheet. Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more sugar.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
I made this recipe with shortening instead of butter (because I had none). It worked. They turned out really yummy. They're a tad dry tho, so I'd suggest a tablespoon of milk added to it. Also, I candied the pecans. Gave them a sweeter flavor.