Recipe by Mirj
I just saw this on a cooking show on TV this morning. Butter pecan is one of my favorite flavors, and the minute this came on the TV I started scribbling.
Top Review by Cristina Barry
Good, very thick and creamy. I coated my pecans with caramel sauce (used Best Ever Caramel Sauce #93057)and threw them into the mix, as well as, topping my cheesecake. Update - I used a slightly different crust - 1 cup graham crackers, 1/2 cup pecans (finely chopped), 1/4 cup butter,3 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp cinnammon and a pinch of nutmeg.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar, butter, and half cup pecans, mixing well.
- Reserve 1/3 cup mixture.
- Firmly press remaining mixture on bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add sour cream and flavorings; mix well.
- Stir in 1 cup pecans.
- Spoon into prepared pan, sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 475°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 300°F ,and bake an additional 50 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack, then chill.