Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
For a different kind of birthday cake, try this
Make and share this Butter Pecan Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- in a mixing bowl combine 2/3 cup butter and 1 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- add eggs, one at a time beating well.
- mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- add to butter mixture alternating with 2/3 cup milk.
- stir in vanilla and 1 cup pecans.
- pour batter into two 8 inch round baking dishes.
- bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- cool for ten minutes.
- cream 3 tablespoons butter with confectioner's sugar.
- add milk and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy
- add rest of pecans and spread between layers of cooled cake.