Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
For a different kind of birthday cake, try this
Make and share this Butter Pecan Cake recipe from Food.com.
- in a mixing bowl combine 2/3 cup butter and 1 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- add eggs, one at a time beating well.
- mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- add to butter mixture alternating with 2/3 cup milk.
- stir in vanilla and 1 cup pecans.
- pour batter into two 8 inch round baking dishes.
- bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- cool for ten minutes.
- cream 3 tablespoons butter with confectioner's sugar.
- add milk and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy
- add rest of pecans and spread between layers of cooled cake.