Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This cake is not real sweet but very good.
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 ounces lemon extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in three cups of flour (sifted) a little at a time.
- Add lemon extract and lemon juice.
- Add nuts and remaining flour.
- Bake in well greased tube cake pan in slow oven (300°- 350°) about 2 hours.
Made this with all purpose gluten free flour and it worked extremely well. As I had no lemon extract, I used lemon peel which worked great, too. Very pecan-y cake - another keeper! Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2010.