Recipe by Damar12
This cake is not real sweet but very good.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Made this with all purpose gluten free flour and it worked extremely well. As I had no lemon extract, I used lemon peel which worked great, too. Very pecan-y cake - another keeper! Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 ounces lemon extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in three cups of flour (sifted) a little at a time.
- Add lemon extract and lemon juice.
- Add nuts and remaining flour.
- Bake in well greased tube cake pan in slow oven (300°- 350°) about 2 hours.