Recipe by Mirj
Supremely yummy and comfort foody! I have to have butterscotch chips brought to me from the States, and this is worth every imported chip!
Top Review by knitaholic
Yum Yum Yum ! This was so good, and easily doubled. I ended up using just over 6 cups of bread and 3 cups of liquid, as I didn't think it looked 'wet' enough, and combined milk, half and half, and cream. Everyone just loved this - and I'll definitely be making it again. Thanks for posting !
- 3 cups egg bread, cubed (brioche or challah)
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Generously butter a 9-inch pie plate.
- Place the bread cubes in the pie plate.
- Sprinkle with the butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup of the pecans.
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk and brown sugar to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and gradually whisk in the hot milk mixture.
- Pour the custard evenly over the bread.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup nuts.
- Bake until the pudding is puffed and crusty on top, about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.