Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
No meal is complete without something sweet. This is a delicious cake.
Make and share this Butter Pecan Banana Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 510.29 g packageduncan hines butter recipe cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped pecans
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 453.59 g container vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
- For cake, combine cake mix, eggs, bananas,oil, sugar, milk and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- For frosting, place 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans and butter in skillet.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring until pecans are toasted.
- Combine nut mixture and frosting in small bowl.
- Cool until spreading consistency.
- Frost cake.
Amazing cake! I baked this as a thank-you gift for my son's teacher. I used 1 box Duncan Hines Butter Pecan cake mix and chose to omit the frosting. I used thawed, frozen over-ripe bananas. I baked some of the batter in an 8 in angel food cake pan (the teacher's cake) and the rest in an 8 x 4 loaf pan. The cake was moist, fragrant with pecan, vanilla and butter flavors and surprisingly, the banana flavor remains in the background. This recipe is a keeper!!!
Great cake. It's even better the day after you make it. I used chocolate frosting and it was delicious.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE (!!!!) this cake - it is so delicious. The blend of flavors - banana, pecans and the golden butter cake with the delicious frosting is outstanding. I've made this recipe many times and it is definitely a keeper!!