Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes a wonderful soft tender crust and is enough for two smaller pizzas or one extra large pizza.
Top Review by LogicallyLocked
This dough was excellent!! I'll admit I made a few substitutions, but I would definitely use this one when we want a thicker crust. I substituted 1/4 cup of basil pesto grapeseed oil for 1/4 of the butter, and I also added Ms. Dash's Tomato Basil seasoning instead of just using Italian seasoning. We baked ours at 400 for roughly 20 minutes and it was done all the way through. This crust came out amazing, nice and thick it was almost like a bread! Kittencal has done it yet again!
- 3 teaspoons dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup butter (melted and cooled or very soft)
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour (more as needed)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl or cup mix 2 teaspoons sugar in 1/2 cup warm water until completely dissolved; add in yeast mix slightly with a spoon, then cover with a tea towel and proof for 10 minutes or until foamy.
- Meanwhile place the egg in cup and cover with very warm water.
- In the stainless steel mixer bowl place 3-1/2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons salt, melted and cooled butter, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- When the yeast is finished proofing add to the mixer bowl with the egg and 3/4 cup warm water; start mixing/kneading adding in more flour to create a soft dough.
- Knead up to 8 minutes until a smooth soft dough is achieved.
- Remove dough to very lightly floured surface, cover with a clean tea towel and let rest for 8-10 minutes.
- Gather up dough and knead gently for about 30 seconds (the dough will come together nicely).
- Place in a well-greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour to 2 hours or until doubled (rising time will vary depending on the temperature of your kitchen, since this dough has egg added the rising time will take slightly longer usual).
- Remove the dough and divide in half.
- Place on a generously-floured surface; let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll out into a round circle then place onto a pizza pan.
- Spread with pizza sauce then shredded cheese then favorite toppings.
- Bake on lowest oven rack until the dough is browned.