Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
My dear sister made this last week and said I could post it. She got it from a magazine. So delicious and rich.
- In bowl soften yeast in water.
- Stir in eggs,JUST 1/4 cup sugar, the sour cream, and JUST 6 TBS.
- butter, and salt.
- Stir in 2 3/4 cups flour.
- On floured surface knead enough flour in to make a moderately soft dough.
- Knead til smooth and elastic, about five minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turn.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place about 1/12 hours or until double.
- Punch down Turn onto floured surface.
- Divide in half.
- Shape each half into a ball.
- Cover and let rest ten minutes.
- Roll each half into a 12 inch circle.
- Brush each with 1 TBS of remaining butter.
- Combine remaining sugar, JUST 3/4 cup of coconut,and the orange peel;sprinkle over dough.
- Cut each circle into 12 triangles.
- Roll up each piece starting at wide end.
- Arrange rolls, like a pinwheel in two greased 9" round pans.
- Cover;let rise again til double (30 mins) Bake in 350 oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Immediately remove from pans and put on wire racks, with waxed paper under.
- Glaze In saucepan combine sugar, the sour cream, orange juice, and butter.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Boil 3 minutes stirring constantly.
This coffee cake had a nice smooth Orange flavor - was fairly easy to make and came out pretty good considering this was my first attempt. Thanks for posting!